Ball High does not require students to wear uniforms. There is however a dress code that must be adhered to. Consequences vary according to the severity of the offense. Most infractions are minor violations that may result in after school detention. If the student is not able to come into compliance they must report to OCI (On-Campus Intervention).
All students at Ball High School are required to wear a picture ID card at all times. The ID is to be worn around the neck on a lanyard. Students must show their ID to enter the building. It may also be required for school sponsored functions. All students will be issued a picture ID card when they enroll at Ball High for the first time. If a card is lost, it can be replaced for a $5.00 fee at the attendance office. A student must have an ID in order to use a hall pass. If the student cannot pay the $5.00 fee for a new card, a $5.00 fine will be assessed. In addition, a paper temporary ID good for only one day may be issued. The charge is $1.00 per incident. Students will receive a new permanent ID after paying for 5 consecutive temporary IDs. All Temporary IDs must be worn on the upper torso.
- Head-wear and hats of any kind are not to be worn in the building.
- Sunglasses must be removed upon entering the building.
- Non-approved items will be confiscated and may or may not be returned at the end of the day.
- Shirts must be appropriately sized and have appropriate coverage.
- Shirt designs may not display alcohol or drug slogans or other suggestive or inappropriate designs, including but not limited to those that promote or suggest sex, violence, or antisocial behavior. (Examples of items not allowed include beer ads, drugs or guns).
- Unacceptable shirts will include muscle shirts, tank tops, spaghetti straps, see through (even when worn with an undergarment), backless, shoulder less, and low cut tops. Half shirts/ cut off shirts that expose the midriff are not allowed. A way to check is to raise your arms. Students must change into another shirt; jackets will not be allowed as a cover up.
- Pants/skirts must fit at the waist and be appropriately sized (“bag and sag” is not allowed).
- All pants/skirts must cover the thighs, no shorter than fingertip length. Holes above the fingertips will not be allowed.
- No pajama pants.
- No undergarments (corsets, bras, underwear, panties, boxers, gym shorts, etc.) will be visible.
- No onesies or pajamas.
- Shoes must be worn at all times.
- Unacceptable shoes include house shoes or shoes with wheels.
- Accessories that could cause an injury or are disruptive are not allowed. This determination will be at the discretion of the teacher and the principals.
- Tattoos may be required to be covered. This determination will be at the discretion of the principal.
- Piercings may be required to be taken out. This determination will be at the discretion of the principal.
- Blankets are strictly prohibited.
- Outerwear may not display alcohol or drug slogans or other suggestive or inappropriate designs, including but not limited to those that promote or suggest sex, violence, or antisocial behavior. (Examples of items not allowed include beer ads, drugs, or guns.)
- No hoods will be worn inside the building.
- No trench/long coats.