Skip To Main Content

College Credit Transfer

Transfer Credits: Texas Common Course Numbering System

For those of you going to a junior college first and want to know if your classes will transfer, go to:

Click to Common Course Matrix, Select Options (compare institutions), then choose the two colleges to compare.

For example: Galveston College and University of Houston. Look for the class in question (i.e. English 1301).

The Texas Common Course number will be on the left, Galveston College in the center, and University of Houston on the right.

In this case, ENGL 1301 at Galveston College is equivalent to ENGL 1301 at University of Houston.
Texas Common Course                          Galveston College                        University of Houston
ENGL 1301 Composition I                      ENGL 1301 Composition I            ENGL 1303 First Year Writing I

In this case, the University of Houston does not have a class equivalent to ENGL 2307 from Galveston College; therefore credits from that class would transfer as an elective, not as an English credit.
Texas Common Course                          Galveston College                         University of Houston
ENGL 2307 Creative Writing I               ENGL 2307 Creative Writing I

This website is very helpful when deciding what classes to take at a junior college. It will also work with transfers from one university to another.